Counsel Managed Portfolios
Counsel Managed Portfolios allows investors to take advantage of short-term market changes. With expert research and investment advice, an asset allocation specialist will adjust the weights of the mandates to capitalize on the performance expectations for each geographic region and/or asset class.
Counsel Managed Portfolios are managed using an active asset allocation approach to create a diversified portfolio by investing in different asset classes. The portfolios are distinguished by an integrated investment decision making process:
- An asset allocation specialist determines the diversification strategy across asset classes and geographic regions;
- Sub-advisors, underlying fund managers, and/or the underlying fund’s sub-advisor manage the investments.
Each portfolio structure is periodically evaluated by an independent portfolio modeling service provider to verify that they are efficient from a risk-return perspective. This includes the task of timely portfolio design reviews to validate that the profile of a portfolio continues to meet its defined objectives. Through this process, an evaluation is carried out to determine if the asset class composition or geographic exposure of a portfolio should be adjusted or changed. If necessary, adjustments may be made to enhance the structure of a portfolio.
Independent Investment Specialists
We believe strongly in the concept of objective independence in money management. As such, we do not have any in-house investment specialists. Instead, we research a wide universe of potential candidates to select ideal specialists for each investment solution. Investment specialists are selected based on an analysis of their track record, expertise in a particular asset class or geographic region, investment style and risk management strategies.
Benefits of the Counsel Process
- Disciplined process to design and structure investment solutions
- Objective and independent process for the selection, monitoring, and if necessary, the replacement of investment specialists. I
- Access to world class investment specialist with strong long-term investment track records
- Ability to combine investment specialists with various mandates and investment styles in order to minimize risk in your portfolio.
- Rigorous monitoring to keep each investment specialist accountable for their performance relative to the markets and their peer group.
- Comprehensive, yet easy to understand, quarterly reports.
The Counsel process supports your Advisor in helping you establish a sound intellectual framework so you can invest successfully over your lifetime.