Sound Intellectual Framework
Counsel supports your Advisor in helping you establish a sound intellectual framework so you can invest successfully over your lifetime. We use a disciplined process to design investment solutions that meet the various investment and income needs of an investor. This process is complemented by a rigorous system for the objective selection and monitoring of the investment specialists who oversee the specific mandates of your portfolio.
Expertise in Investment Management
Our dedicated Portfolio Management Team designs and structures investment solutions to suit the varied risk-return needs of an investor. If you are seeking to diversify your portfolio with specific asset classes, geographic markets or investment styles, we have created investment solutions that will help you meet your needs.
Efficient Portfolio Design
As an investor, you can work with your Advisor to adopt an investment strategy that will best suit your long-term investment objectives. Counsel’s investment solutions are designed with an optimal mix of asset classes, geographic sector allocation and investment styles to provide you with well-diversified investment solutions.
Counsel Strategic Portfolios:
- A selection of portfolios that are allocated across asset classes and geographic markets using a pension-like approach. Counsel Strategic Portfolios combine value and growth investment styles to optimize the trade-off between risk and reward, and maximize potential returns.
Counsel Managed Portfolios:
- A selection of portfolios that allow you to take advantage of short-term changes in the expectation for growth within the various geographic regions and/or asset classes. An asset allocation specialist will periodically adjust the asset mix weights of the portfolios to take advantage of these changes.
Greater Investment Flexibility
Counsel Portfolio Components1:
- A selection of investments in specific sectors, market capitalizations, asset classes, investment styles, or geographic areas. You can work with your Advisor to select and combine any solution from Counsel Portfolio Components to customize a portfolio that is unique to your investment needs.
Strategic and Managed investment solutions are periodically evaluated by an independent portfolio modeling service provider to verify that they are efficient from a risk-return perspective. This includes the task of timely portfolio design reviews to validate that the profile of a portfolio continues to meet its defined objectives. Through this process, an evaluation is carried out to determine if the asset class composition or geographic exposure of a portfolio should be adjusted or changed. If necessary, adjustments may be made to enhance the structure of a portfolio.
Independent Investment Specialists
Investment Specialist Selection Process:
- We believe strongly in the concept of objective independence in money management. As such, we do not have any in-house investment specialists. Instead, we research a wide universe of potential candidates to select ideal specialists for each investment solution. Investment specialists are selected based on an analysis of their track record, expertise in a particular asset class or geographic region, investment style and risk management strategies.
Investment Specialist Replacement Process:
- Our independence from our investment specialists allows us to be unbiased in the monitoring of each specialist. We review each specialist’s performance relative to the markets and their peers. We also monitor their adherence to their mandates and or within investment styles. In addition, we evaluate changes within the corporate structure of our specialists’ firms, their investment management teams, to determine if any such change would affect your investment’s potential long-term performance. Investment specialists are replaced when necessary.
Automatic Portfolio Rebalancing
At regular intervals, each portfolio is automatically rebalanced to its target asset allocation structure to maintain the proper mix of asset, geographic and style diversification based on the objectives of the portfolio.
Why rebalance regularly?
Periodic rebalancing shifts your total portfolio back to its optimal investment mix and helps keep you on track to meeting your goals.
It helps lower the risk of becoming overweighted in an asset class that has recently excelled, while maintaining sufficient exposure to undervalued asset classes, which may be the next to outperform.
We provide a comprehensive report of your investment progress each quarter. Instead of going through multiple reports from multiple investment firms, you will receive a consolidated, easy-to understand assessment of your total investments and investment performance, as well as an update of your investment holdings each quarter.
Ask your Advisor about your quarterly Portfolio Review
Take Advantage of our Disciplined Process
Counsel supports your long-term investment strategy with a sound intellectual framework. We support all aspects of your investment process – portfolio design & management, investment specialist selection & monitoring, and investment performance reporting – giving you the discipline to achieve your long-term investment goals.
To find out more about how a Counsel investment solution may be suitable for your needs, speak to your Advisor.
1Counsel Portfolio Components refers to Counsel Portfolio Component Funds
Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus before investing. Mutual funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.